SIHH 2018 Watches
Tomorrow marks the final day of SIHH 2018, and what a beginning to the 2018 watchmaking scene it has been. Every year a select number of fortunate watch traders are invited to Geneva to enjoy exclusive access to new limited edition models and collections from some of the world’s most luxurious watch manufacturers, including Richard Mille, Audemars Piguet, Roger Dubuis, Girard-Perregaux, Piaget and Cartier, to name only a few.
As the deluxe watch fair draws to a close Instagram, watch blogs and magazines have overwhelmed the public with hundreds of pictures of luxury timepieces from this years show. Although it was difficult, and we feel guilty for not including every stunning timepiece that was on display at SIHH, we have narrowed the list down to our top SIHH picks for 2018.
As predicted, Richard Mille stunned audiences at SIHH with a timepiece designed for the Argentinian polo player Pablo Mac Donough. The complex tourbillon movement, which is held in place by a cable suspension mechanism, has been specially designed to withstand the shock and impact of intense sports. The attractive and beautifully engineered wristwatch is a testament to Richard Milles dedicated and skillful watchmakers.
- Case: Carbon TPT case with laminated sapphire crystal
- Calibre: RM5301
- Movement: Manual winding tourbillon
- Power reserve: 70 hours
- Dial: Skeletonized dial, showing tourbillon movement and cable suspension mechanism, titanium cut out hands with blue tips, blue luminous coated dot hour markers and blue lined minute markers
- Bracelet: Blue rubber strap
- Limited edition of 30 pieces
Hublot Classic Fusion Aero fusion Chronograph Orlinski (Ref. 525.NX.0170.RX.ORL18)
A partnership between Hublot and French artist Richard Orlinski has resulted in the creation of this futuristic-looking ‘Classic Fusion Aerofusion’ chronograph. The uniquely shaped titanium case and skeletonized dial emits an understated stylish appeal that is guaranteed to turn heads this year.
- Case: Polished titanium 45mm case (also available in blue ceramic)
- Calibre: HUB1155
- Movement: Automatic
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Dial: Skeletonized dial, sapphire crystal, polished rhodium plated appliques and two sub dials located at 3 and 9 o’clock
- Bracelet: Smooth black rubber with a titanium folding clasp
- Limited edition of 200 pieces
Roger Dubuis Excalibur Aventador S in Blue
Roger Dubuis introduced four new watches to the world at SIHH, and today we are focusing on the Excalibur Aventador S in blue. The release of the striking timepiece came months after Roger Dubuis confirmed a partnership with Lamborghini. The Aventador S, which was made out of the same carbon material used in Lamborghini cars, symbolises and celebrates the long lasting relationship between automobiles and luxury timepieces.
- Case: 45 mm multi-layer carbon case
- Calibre: C-SMC
- Movement: Self-winding
- Power reserve: 40 hours
- Dial: Skeleton dial with C-SMC carbon, black and red flange, rhodium plated indexes filled with white luminous SLN, 18K black PVD gold, black hands with white diamond shaped tips with red outline and red minute hand
- Bracelet: Smooth bi-material strap with black rubber base and blue inlay, red stitching with titanium black folding buckle
- Limited edition of 88 pieces
F.P. Journe LineSport Monopoussoir Rattrapante Chronograph
Taking inspiration from the wristwatch they donated to the Only Watch Auction last year, F.P. Journe has created a completely new chronograph in three varying metals (platinum, 18ct rose gold and titanium). Since the Only Watch auction, the movement has been worked on and modified to complete the sophisticated and rather attractive looking timepiece you see before you.
- Case: 44mm 18ct rose gold case
- Calibre: In-house 1518
- Movement: Manual
- Power reserve: 80 hours
- Dial: Silver covered with ruthenium, rose gold numerals, two silver chronograph counters and 5N gold hands, with a date indicator located at 6 o’clock and a tachymeter indicator, open case back
- Bracelet: 18ct rose gold link bracelet with double folding clasp