Luxe Watches’ new kit is cleaning up
We can’t believe how well our recently-launched Luxe Watches Cleaning Kits have sold - so much so, we’re nearly out of stock already.
Whether you’re working up a sweat in the gym or grafting in your office, the daily grub we encounter can cause mayhem for our luxury watches, making them look older than they are.
So check out our new kit to ensure your watch keeps looking as good as new.
What's included in the kit?
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- Specialised watch cleaning solution
- Cleaning brush
- Watch polishing cloth
- Leather ‘restore and revive’ cleaner
How to clean your luxury timepiece
You may be thinking that your watch is resistant to scratching or going dull if it’s made of a metal like stainless steel or gold. Unfortunately, while these are robust materials which make them perfect for watchmaking, they still need some care. Having a regular cleaning schedule will help protect the metal and also stop it from tarnishing.
Before we jump in and show you how to clean your watch in stages effectively, you should make sure that any little screws (think Royal Oak) are tightened and that the crown is fully secure.
- The kit comes with a microfibre cleaning cloth and its job is to remove any tiny particles such as dust or dirt that has collected on the bracelet. The cloth creates a static charge as it’s wiped which means any little bits of debris stick to the cloth and can be easily washed away. Any tougher bits of grime on the watch can be removed by wetting the cloth.
- Now time for the specialised watch cleaning solution… Simply pour this in a little bowl and ensure your watch is fully submerged in the liquid. After 15 minutes your watch will be thoroughly cleansed.
- Use the crafty cleaning brush to get to grips with any dirt in awkward places such as in the links or around the crown.
- Once your watch has been cleaned it’s time for a super shine. Take the watch polishing cloth and buff your watch to reveal a lovely sheen.
- If your watch has a leather strap, you’ll love the ‘restore and revive’ cleaner to bring it back to life. Leather is a material that can wear quickly due to sweat or general wear and tear. While it’s inevitable that the strap will not live as long as the watch, frequent cleaning can ensure it lasts a lot longer. It also adds a waterproof coating for the ultimate protection.
Where to buy our new cleaning kit
You can come down to our stunning new boutique at 219 High Street, Epping and pick up one of our new kits in store. If you do live further away, don’t worry, as you can also buy a kit via our Instagram page or from eBay.
Just a note… as well as regular cleaning, store your timepiece away in a covered case when it’s not being worn. This will mean it’s harder for dust to settle into the tiny crevices.
Any questions? Our team loves to talk so give our experts a call on 0203 397 1596 or book an appointment today.