Time to shine: WatchPro Award winners revealed
MORE than 320 guests arrived to congratulate the movers and shakers in the world of watches on Tuesday night.
The WatchPro Awards 2018 were held in the stunning Victorian ballroom – 8 Northumberland in central London and it was an honour for Luxe Watches to attend.
While we were proud to be announced finalists in the Ecommerce Retailer of the Year category, we were pipped to the post by The Watches of Switzerland Group who won the accolade for WatchShop, whilst also picking up the gong for Luxury Multiple Watch Retailer of the Year.
Other winners across the 15 categories on offer, included Rolex, which was hailed Luxury Watch Brand of the Year for the third year in a row, while Gucci collected the trophy for the Best Fashion Watch Brand Of The Year.
Beaverbrooks scooped two prizes: Volume Watch Retailer of the Year and Retail Leader of the Year for the group’s managing director Anna Blackburn, who was given a seat on the board of directors for the family-owned businesses earlier this year.
But the highlight of the night was seeing Mark Hearn, the managing director at Patek Philippe, pick up the Lifetime Achievement Award in front of his family, friends and many grateful representatives within the industry.
He received his award from Simon Walton, the managing director of Patek Philippe’s authorised dealers, Berry’s, on behalf of the watch industry.
Not letting Parkinson’s disease hold him back, Mark was acknowledged for overseeing an outstanding transformation of Patek Philippe in the UK since taking the helm back in 2000.
With sales of over £155 million, which accounts for around 15% of the company’s global turnover, the UK is one of the biggest markets in the world for the luxury brand.
The full list of winners is:
- Independent Luxury Watch Retailer of the Year: Boodles
- Multiple Luxury Watch Retailer of the Year: Watches of Switzerland
- Volume Watch Retailer of the Year: Beaverbrooks
- Ecommerce Watch Retailer of the Year: WatchShop
- Best New Store of the Year: Pragnell in Mayfair
- Best Refurbished Store of the Year: Bucherer in Westfield London
- Retail Leader of the Year: Anna Blackburn, Beaverbrooks
- Marketing & Merchandising Team of the Year: Hublot
- Sales Team of the Year: Citizen Watch UK
- Executive Leadership Team of the Year: Patek Philippe
- Lifestyle Watch Brand of the Year: Seiko
- Luxury Watch Brand of the Year: Rolex
- Fashion Watch Brand of the Year: Gucci
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mark Hearn, managing director, Patek Philippe
Defined by seven years of industry expertise, Luxe Watches supplies beautifully crafted classic and contemporary timepieces. If you need help to find your perfect prestigious watch, visit our Essex boutique or take a sneak peek online today.